Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday to you Joanna!

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday, Dear Joanna...
Happy Birthday to you!

We love you baby girl!  We thank God for you!


Let me take the time to thank my mom for allowing me to get Joanna a birthday cake, candle and birthday hat to celebrate Joanna's first birthday.  Also, thank you also for allowing us to buy her a gift too! 

Then, thanks also goes to Grandma Guerra for allowing us to get her another birthday gift! 

Aren't grandmothers the BEST!?!
I know Joanna is always going to be spoiled by them one way or another.
They just love her to pieces!  I just sense it.

Since I didn't get a chance to go shopping during the week. I had to do it the very last minute.  We stopped by Walmart around 9pm last night. The Bakery was closed so I had to write "Happy Birthday Joanna" on the cake myself.  It sure wasn't easy!  I had to practice on a small plate before putting it on the cake. I kept messing up with the frosting and ate it afterwards. That's a good excuse to mess up. 
I had to find something (toys) for her quick and ugh...I couldn't find a birthday cone "hat" for her age so I got her a different one. But hey, the one I'd picked is better than nothing, right? All in all, we had a small birthday celebration for her today during Matt's lunch break (1 hour). I fed her pizza first before giving her a taste of her own birthday cake. Oh my, she loves it! 


Well, here's her first birthday cake. A chocolate one!
 She wanted to touch her cake.

 Wasn't happy that we pulled it away from her.
 Just waiting...
 Her patience paided off.








 Getting ready to take off her bib and to clean off the mess she made.
 Well after I take two more pictures.
 Sugar high?

Tom and Lori LaSalle called us to their home and we sang Happy Birthday to her again with a little cake and candle. Aw, they even gave her a giftcard to Walmart and a book to read.

Let me tell you one thing I've noticed. She loves books!


This is from Grandma Aurora.



This is from Grandma Guerra.


These all her birthday toys! She loves them!
Thank you for making her birthday special!


No comments: