Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2nd week doctor's appt

I am to see the doctor weekly now until the baby comes. But then there's more visits to make a little after giving birth.  So, today was my 2nd visit.  Guess what?  I'm now 4 cm dilated!  Really??  Dr. Herr asked me if I felt any contractions.  Well... I really don't understand much about how to look or feel for contractions BUT I did felt something.  I told her I felt a little pain around my stomach.  She'd assured me that's Braxton Hicks contractions that I was feeling.  I guess that's what I was feeling then!  It wasn't that painful but it was uncomfortable.

During my visit, she said I had Group B again and prescribed me AMOXICILLIN 500 MG capsule by mouth twice a day for 5 days.  I asked what if the baby comes sooner and I don't finish those medicine?  She said that is fine and to let the hospital know that I have Group B so that they can give me antiboitics through IV.  Oh how I don't like needles!!  Last time, one nurse poked me 4 times or so before she got it right.  I ain't letting that happen again.  I'll definitely ask for another nurse.

She'd asked, "Are you going to get epidural?" I said, "No way!  I am scared of those (demonstrating long needle) big ol' needle!"  She'd then asked, "Going natural?" I said, "Yep! and it's going to be painful too... if you were to deliver the baby.. you'll see me in my worst... my hands flying and all."  She'd smiled.  I don't like to be seen like that but there's nothing I can do, right? Someone is going to deliver for me and I'll have to get used to it.  *sighs*

Dr. Herr also recommends that I go to the hospital if I kept feeling contractions every 5 minutes.  My next appointment is next week, December 27th.  That's if the baby decided not to come sooner.  We'll see!

No comments: