Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Joanna says what she hears

It is cute to hear my own baby girl says words we'll say.  Yesterday, Matt said that as he was reading her a story, he'll point at a picture of a baby and she'll try to mimic the word and says "ba ba" (for baby).  I didn't get to "hear" her say that.  I was getting ready for bed.  I'll have to emphasis this over and over but it's true...Joanna loves book!  She loves it when we read to her. She'll laugh whenever we try and mimicked animal sounds.  For instance, I'll say, "And the lion says...", she'll look at me knowing what will happen... I'll ROAR.  Most of the time she'll laugh but when she's tired she'll smile.  What's neat is that I'll catch her picking up a book and reading to herself but this time she'll ROAR herself (as I watch her from a distance) as she looks at the animal pictures.  I am not sure which animal she's doing that with but the point is she's coping!  Ain't that something?

Although, Matt caught her say "tak bah" as I was getting her bath ready... I was saying,"you ready to take a bath? and I'll look at her and said "take a bath". That's when she copy me but in her own brief words.  I was able to read her lips saying that again. It's so neat to see her language skills developing!

There are other words she'll say and that's "HI" and "BYE" but she'll wave at the same time saying those words.  I've noticed that every time Matt walks out the door she'll look at him and she'll wave at the same time saying "BYE BYYYYEEE".

No comments: