Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 17

Yesterday's check-up went as usual. Filled in papers and waited for the nurse. Did urine and blood tests. I really hate needles!! A good thing, Matt tried distracting me (he actually made me laugh) from thinking too much about getting my blood drawn with that sharp-yet-evil-pointy-pokey-thing. What?? At the moment, that's the best I can describe that needle. Ugh! Afterwards, my right arm (where I got my blood drawn) was sore all day. I carried Joanna's diaper bags and my purse over that same arm. No wonder? Oh and...we even got to hear the baby's heart beat. The nurse said the my baby's heartbeat is really good. She used a doppler thingy to help look for the heartbeat and the neat thing is that I remember to put my hand on the doppler to feel the vibration of the baby's heartbeat. I've never forgotten my first experience in doing so. Yes, I've gained about 8 pounds. I kind of feel a little bit bigger than I did the first time. My arms looks fat-Ter. Blech.

A good thing, we were able to schedule another appointment for the sonogram on August 15th. Hopefully, we'll be able to find the sex of the baby. I'm looking forward to finding out whether it's a boy or another girl. I wouldn't mind either.

No comments: