Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First Ob/Gyn visit

Finally!! I waited and waited just to view the baby in ultrasound. I am 8 weeks and my due date is October 11th. I even gained 5 pounds already. I admit I did not like taking all those tests! They are required though. However, I am just glad that's over with! Of course, the nurse asked me a lot of questions about my medical history. And then I took several tests...not pleasant ones but it must be done. The doctor said that everything looks good. For that, I am grateful.

Viewing my baby in ultrasound.
You can see the measurement at the bottom left.
I don't remember what this part was but that ring like circle is called a yoke sac which nourishes my developing baby and disappear as the baby grows.
The baby and the yoke sac.
Below looks a bit clearer. Can you spot the head? It is next to number 1.
The baby is measured about 1.90 cm. Amazing, right!?!

That ain't all. Before leaving, a different nurse gave me this bag and it was provided with several helpful information and samples for me to try! How cool is that??

By the way, my first visit today was a good one. I really like my doctor. She takes the time to explain things to me and listen to any questions I may have. I'm thankful everything went well.






No comments: