Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mommy, my butt hurts

Well after we got back home from Abi's birthday party. The kids took a nap. Later, they woke up and I fed them. They both were playing and right before I decided to give them a bath. Joanna started saying her butt hurts. She told her daddy first. Which I didn't know until later. Then when it was time for me to give her a bath, she told me "My butt hurts." As I was getting ready to take off her clothes and diaper, she'd suddenly bent down in a squat like positioned. (I knew she was hurting but didn't know what was causing it.) I just found it odd that she didn't get too excited like she always does when I take off her clothes so she can run to take a bath.

Finally, I proceed to take off her clothes and diaper. I told her to lay down so I can take a look. Then, she screamed, "My butt hurts! I need some medicine!" Matt came in to tell me what she said. I told him I know and then took a look and her butt. Well... guess what I saw? A half pointed grass!! My goodness!!  The pointed part of the grass was... yes, in her vagina.  It was poking her and hurting her. I hurried to get my tweezers opened her and work my way to get that grass out.  She has tighten up her legs, I had to tell her to not move and gently took out the grass! Praise the Lord!  I got it out!  Goodness!

Matt and I was so proud of her for letting us know that she was hurting down there. I'm glad I took a deeper look and found the problem.  Earlier, I remember wiping her and I saw that grass but I thought I cleaned it and it came off. Apparently, I missed it.  Point is, I'm thankful it didn't go all the way in where we couldn't get it out, you know?

Next time, I'll be sure to rinse my kids off completely with the water hose making sure all that grass is off them. As crazy as it sounds, it can do some harm... just like it did to Joanna.  Who would have thought?!

No comments: