Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Joanna 2 year old check up

We went to Fayetteville, GA (about 45 mins - 1 hour away from where we are) yesterday to get Joanna her 2 year old vaccination shots and wellness check-up. After all is done, her pediatrician said that she is growing the way she should and everything is fine.

Here's her recent stats:

Weight: 28 pound, 9 ounces (64%)
Height: 33 1/2 inches (35%)
Head circumference: 19 (68%)


Most of you know that I don't like to see Joanna cry when she gets her vaccinations. There's nothing I can do to help... sighs.  We were told that Joanna might end up having a bruise because she tensed up when the nurse held her legs. And to give her tylenol if she's hurting. So we gave her tylenol. Poor baby girl. She's been walking a little funny because she is still sore.

Anyway, I was hoping to set an appointment with the same pediatrician I set up for with Peter. Just to find out that she wasn't available until next year (she has a full schedule).  Wow, I think she's popular! I do like her too. I know this is crazy, but because of that... I decided to go ahead and set up Peter's 15 months check-up for next year (March) just so that we have the same pediatrician. Crazy, right?  Well... with Joanna, we couldn't wait a couple of months later just to get her vaccinations. So we went ahead and set one up with a different pediatrician (male). To make a long story short, I prefer a female pediatrician. Although, her pediatrician was really nice.

Though I did encountered one small problem. Matt said the lady upfront couldn't give us a copy of the billing chart because I already had one. I wasn't there but that's what he told me. I told him that I don't have that copy and wasn't happy about not getting one for my personal record keeping. Short story, I didn't want to leave without one. Another lady ended up giving me a copy. That's the way I roll!


No comments: