Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tea, just the way I like mine.

Today I feel like talking about something else besides my family.  Why not?!  Do you want to know how I like my tea?  You could care less but I'm sharing anyway! Hee hee

Of course, I like tea!  I'm just not crazy about it though plus I'm actually picky when it comes to the way it taste!  Wherever I go, I'm always drinking tea.  Whether I'm at friends', at the restaurants, and even at McDonald's!  I'm not going to turn down when it's offered to me.  You know?  I usually just go for water but if it is offer to me.  Then I'll take it.  :)

If you like tea, you'll also agree that every tea are different in tastes and flavors!   Riiiiight?

Okay let me cut to the chase... for a while, I have struggled making my tea taste good. I usually make it too sweet and sometimes it just taste... blah.  Bland or whatnot.  FINALLY... I found the right amount of measurements to please my own taste buds!

This is what I accidently came across when making tea the way I like it.

I will do the following below:

I fill the pot with about 5 cups of water (Okay, so I had to take out my pot and look at the tea stain to figured out this measurement. Ha!) and throw in 3 tea bags. Yes, 3 tea bags.  I cut off the string and just let the tea bags freely move into the pot.  When the water comes to a boil, I like to let the tea bags boil for a few more seconds before turning off the stove.  Like about 15-35 seconds.  Then I remove the pot from the heat and let the tea bags sit in the hot water for 30 minutes.  Yes, 30 minutes.  On the side, I have added water and 1 cup of sugar in the pitcher.  Next, pour the tea into the pitcher (remove tea bags). Last, I pour additional water until it is measured at 3 Liter.  If you are wondering, my pitcher has a measurement on it.  That's how I measure how much water to add.

Ta-da! 

I think I am bad at explaining.  To make it short and simple... I put:

3 tea bags boiled in about 5 cups of water
1 cup of sugar
pour water until you make a 3 Liter Tea = Sandra's homemade tea!!

(okay it's not homemade but it's made from my home plus it's also the way I like it)





No comments: