Tuesday, September 14, 2010

3 cm dilated

Yes it's true!! I went to the doctor today and she said I am already 3 cm dilated. Wow, I didn't even know it! Yes, the baby can come anytime now. YIKES! She asked me if I have already packed my bag, I said no... she told me to do that tonight. I'm doing just that. I have a few things left to pack and then I'll be done. I just can't believe I am already 3 cm dilated! I haven't felt any contractions yet (just backache and swollen hands and feet) but I know I'm having them already. I just haven't noticed them but the doctor said I'll know when they'll become stronger. She said once I am 10 cm the baby is ready to come out. That's only 7 cm left! I've heard that babies can come quickly within minutes or a week later when a woman is 3 cm dilated at 36 weeks or so. But then I read that I can even be dilated at 3 cm up until her due date or perhaps earlier.

The doctor asked me if I wanted to induce labor. Of course, I said no! That's because I wanted her to come out when she's ready. I am only 36 weeks. I hope the baby holds on a little longer until she reaches "full term" which starts at 37 weeks thereon. I'll be more relieved with either that or until I take birthing class which isn't until the 27th or 28th of this month. We'll see what happens.

I'll start seeing my doctor every week now until she comes...

2 comments:

3 Girl Mommy said...

Yep. Get that bag packed! I thought I had plenty of time and Kendal decided to come four days early and I had no bag. Had to rely on hubby to pack me something. Although, having a bag or not, in the end, didn't really matter. I was just so happy to have my baby in my arms, I couldn't even tell you what I was wearing when I left the hospital. Could've been PJ's for all I know. LOL! You are getting so close....

Sandra Guerra said...

It's packed... well almost. Just need slippers and a pair of clothes to change in when I leave the hospital. :) But it's good to know that at the end, it doesn't really matter. Yes, I am getting close... the closer I get the nervous I am.