Monday, May 20, 2013

Road trip this coming Friday!

We are on taking a road trip to Texas this Friday! Yay! I. CAN'T. WAIT.  I'm about ready to head back HOME just about... NOW.  We wouldn't even consider taking a road trip that far unless it is important or necessary.  Because my cousin Khai is getting married, it is a once in a lifetime thing.  It's all good because we always like to see all of our families! And friends, too!  The wedding is on Monday, so we'll leave Tuesday back to Georgia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter lost his diaper
So, I was picking up all of the diapers that were on the floor. Peter decided to open the closet, and within reach found diapers then threw them on the floor. Just like that.  As I was picking and putting them away, I came across one diaper with loose handle (latch). I didn't think much about it and just thought that was odd. I've encountered a loose latch before. Anyway, I look over at Peter and saw that he was naked from the bottom down!  That explains the loose handle on that one diaper!  I don't know how but he has managed to take off his diaper!  What's worse?  He peed!!!  SIGHS.  I'm just glad he peed on the chair and not the carpet, otherwise, Sandy (dog) will start sniffing and "marking" her spot, too. Let me just say... boys are nasty!!!

Joanna lick chapped stick
Sometimes I put chapped stick on Joanna's lips. She likes it. Usually, it's the regular ones not flavored. Well, one day she found the flavored one and asked me to put it on her lips. I did, and she noticed the flavor, licked her lips... she wanted more.  I put it away, she found it... opened it and started licking off that flavored chapped stick. Of course, I told her it wasn't candy.

Peter climb a toy handle
We have a "car" toy that the kids can sit down and ride. I catch Peter's feet on the tip of that handle hanging on to the table waiting to be rescued. He was able to climb but not get down. That poor boy was scared that he screamed.

Peter is stubborn
He just is!!  For example, I'll tell him to turn off the water, he kept turning it on. I'll tell him to don't drop his cup (spoon, fork) on the floor, he does it anyway.  Really??

Peter is weaned off and sleeps in crib
It's been almost a month since I've weaned Peter off! Praise the Lord! Now he drinks his milk in a sippy cup. It was really hard to break off with this boy but it was time. He's the longest I've ever breastfed! I only breastfed Joanna up until she was 9 months, with Peter it was 15 months! Let me just say, it was an unpleasant feeling for this mommy. My breasts hurt so bad for almost two weeks!  I'm thankfully that's over with... for now.  Until baby number 3 comes, then it starts all over.  Whoopeedeedoo!

I am so thankful that Peter is finally sleeping through the nights. The past couple of weeks has been hard but now it's quiet. Yay! At first, of course...he'll cry and cry, he didn't know how to fall asleep on his own. I even caught him standing up sleeping (holding on the crib).  It bothered me that I picked him up, rocked him and lay him down on the floor. I learned not to do that again. Good thing, he'd figured out to lay down on his own.  What about Joanna? Well, now that she's sleeping on the floor. We'll eventually find her on our bed. She'll wake up around 2 in the morning and is up sleeping with us... again.  This morning, she did it again at 5 a.m.  Sighs.

Design, Design, Design
I've been doing some graphic design work for the church. Helping with the Deaf Ministry's certification, and now trying to design a cover for Pastor Warren's E-book. I have been keeping busy with my babies and designing. I like doing this to be a blessing to the church and ministry.

Joanna what do you want to eat?
This is a conversation I was having with her for... BREAKFAST, not lunch or dinner.
Me: Joanna what do you want to eat?
Joanna: Um... (puts fingers under chin and taps it while thinking)  PIZZA!  I want to eat some pizza, mommy.
Me: (thinking fast since we're out of pizza) We don't have anymore pizza, baby, we ate it all. It's all gone. Do you want some Nutella? (sometimes I give her toast and spread Nutella which has a chocolately taste that she likes)
Joanna: (paused thought about it then said) Okay.

Whew! I was relieved because I didn't want to have to deal with a fussy toddler. She knows what she wants.

Amen!
I sat Peter down in his highchair and always start the same prayer, "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for the food we are about to eat. Bless it to our body. In Jesus name we pray... Amen!"

I guess Peter got used to the same routine over and over. So when I saw him down, he puts both hands together and before I even said a prayer, he said, "Amen!"  That's just precious!

Mommy, I want to take a bath.
Every now and then, I'll hear Joanna say, "Mommy, I want to take a bath." She just loves to play in the water.


No comments: